This is a project to explore the inexplicable recurrence of the number twenty-seven in everyday life, movies and nature.
The number 27 is one of the strangest of all numbers. sure, it’s 3x3x3. sure, it’s also 3 to the power 3. but it is also one of those numbers which keeps cropping up in unexpected places. you’ll be reading a book and the main character will say his life changes when he reached 27. or you’ll be watching a movie and the heroine will be wearing a t-shirt with 27 on it. over and over again, it keeps coming back.
Is it a global conspiracy? just chance? or is it because once you are looking for the number all others appear irrelevant?
One thing is for sure. once you are awake to the conspiracy you will never be the same again. by reading this far, your life has already changed for ever.
The magic properties of 27
- The cube of three, ie 3x3x3 (3 to the power 3) is 27
- The number of straight lines on any cubic surface is 27
- If you add the numbers between 2 and 7 the result is 27
- The largest number which is also the sum of the digits in its cube is 27
- The number of books in the new testament is 27
- The 27th book of the new testament is revelation, written by St John of Patmos, whose saint’s day is December 27
- In the book of revelation it states that the antichrist will have power over 27 states
- The number of pieces in a rubik’s cube is 27
- The number of letters in the greek alphabet is 27
- The number of letters in the hebrew alphabet is 27
- The number of letters in the spanish alphabet is 27
- The moon takes 27 days to orbit the earth
- The sun revolves on its axis every 27 days
- During the cold war, the russians experimented with supercomputers using base 27
- The value of the coloured balls in snooker adds up to 27
- A croquet lawn is 27 metres long # a lawn tennis court is 27 feet wide
- The age at which musicians Robert Johnson, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Kristen Pfaff, Chris Bell, Brian Jones, Ron “Pigpen” McKernan, Janis Joplin and Kurt Cobain died was 27
- The human hand contains 27 bones
- It takes 27 days for a human cell to re-grow
- A human ejaculation travels at 27 mph
Still think there isn’t a conspiracy?
“Last year people won more than one billion dollars playing poker. And casinos made twenty-seven billion just by being around those people” Samatha Bee
“The grandest thing has been the lifting up of the gates and the opening of the doors to the women of America, giving liberty to twenty-seven million women, thus opening to them a new and larger life and a higher ideal” Olympia Brown
“From my childhood, obedience was something I could not get out of my system. When I entered the armed service at the age of twenty-seven, I found being obedient not a bit more difficult than it had been during my life to that point. It was unthinkable that I would not follow orders” Adolf Eichmann
“Well, it took me twenty-seven years, as long as I’ve been cooking.” Thomas Keller
“I found myself having to explain away to prospective employers a twenty-seven year gap in my resume.” Peter Malkin (Born May 27, 1927)
“You got to get twenty-seven outs to win” Casey Stangel
“I’m only twenty-seven, and I’m not easy to pigeonhole. But if you need to do that, if it makes you feel comfortable, okay, fine.” Hilary Swank
“When I had got my notes all written out I thought I’d polish it off in two summers, but it took me twenty-seven years.” Arnold Toynbee